Skip Menu

Return to Skip Menu

Main Content

Change of Major Procedure

Add/Change Major, Minor, Second Major, Concentration (see university policy and guidelines)

Step 1

Request Change of Major application from the office of the dean of your new major, minor, or concentration.  The first signature on the form must be the signature of the admitting department/college.

Step 2

Follow the college change of major instructions obtaining signatures in order.

  • Some colleges/departments require you to attend an information session
  • Some colleges/departments are restricted and students are required to complete a sequence of courses prior submitting an application.

Step 3

Submit completed form to your new college for processing.

Step 4

Please check HokieSpa to ensure that changes are correct.