Diversity Efforts in the College of Science
The COS Diversity Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Dean. The roles of the committee are:
- To conduct planning and spearheading of new diversity initiatives within the College.
- To provide a clearinghouse for information on College of Science diversity programs.
- To foster a positive climate of multiculturalism within the College.
- To support and reward collaborative initiatives and partnerships that recognize the importance of multiculturalism.
- To maintain a network of relationships with counterparts in other colleges and at the University level.